Editor’s note: As a way to kick off our Bitcoin week, we’ve aggregated some of the best publications explaining the cryptocurrency’s purpose, history, and future. We’ll be publishing some fascinating and thought provoking stories throughout the week, so be sure to read up.
A Quick Video
- Bitcoin Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know About the Future of Money –Wired Magazine publishes a thorough overview of Bitcoin explaining in simple terms the currency’s history, possibilities and function.
- Let’s Cut Through the Bitcoin Hype: A Hacker-Entrepreneur’s Take – Dan Kaminsky reviews the security of bitcoin for Wired from a hackers perspective.
- Bitcoin: Three scenarios forecast the future of money – As part of their Feb. 2014 issue, NewScientist considers the possible paths of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Could bitcoin one day be the world’s currency?
- Bitcoin Getting started – Dig in. One of the most comprehensive places to explore and learn more about Bitcoin.
- A beginner’s guide to bitcoin – Coindesk, a notable Bitcoin news site, puts together an easy to use guide for beginners.
- Reddit Bitcoin community – The Reddit Bitcoin community is a great place to ask questions, discuss ideas, and catch up on the latest Bitcoin news.
- Bitcoin talk – Andreas Antonopoulos on why Bitcoin is one of the most important inventions in computer science of the last 20 years.
- Satoshi Nakamoto’s White paper on Bitcoin. Annotated Version